Commercial and Employment Attorney New York
Labor and Employment Law / Commercial Law and Transactions:
- Purchase and Sale and Distribution agreements.
- Purchase/Sale of Business, Assets, and Stock.
- International contracts.
- Employment agreements.
- Shareholder agreements.
- Partnership agreements.
- Independent contractor agreements.
- Licensing agreements and Intellectual Property.
- Commercial Lease and Residential Lease.
- Promissory Notes and Security Agreements.
- Non-Compete and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Employment Discrimination (race, color, religion, creed, sex, and national origin).
- Severance agreements.
- Non-compete agreements.
- Employment contracts.
- Employee handbooks.
- Wrongful termination litigation.
- Ongoing legal counsel on all employment matters.
Work Discrimination, Harassment, Wrongful Termination and Other Employment Litigation
Checklist for Employment Discrimination:
Protected Classes/Characteristics for Employment Discrimination:
- Race or Color
- National Origin
- Sexual orientation (in some states and cities)
Examples of Employment Discrimination:
- Hiring, forced retirement, firing
- Job advertisements and recruitment
- Compensation and pay
- Health/Medical and fringe benefits
- Waivers of the right to sue in exchange for severance pay
What Else is Prohibited by Employment Discrimination Laws?
- Harassment - by your employer or coworkers when your employer knows they are harassing you due to the protected characteristic (refer also to the Hostile Work Environment Harassment article)
- Retaliation - against you for reporting discrimination, filing a lawsuit due to the discrimination or participating in an investigation
- Employment advertisements - excluding certain persons with a protected characteristic or showing a preference: This is permitted only when the employer has proven that age is a "bona fide occupational qualification"
- Promotions - offered or given only to persons with a certain preferred characteristics
Your Rights If Arrested
- Applying for a Liquor License in New York State.
- Transferring a Liquor License in New York State to another entity in the event of dissolution or sale of a business.
- Defense of Liquor License violations.
- Representation before the New York State Liquor Authority.
Checklist for Starting a Business:
What New Business Owners Need to Know About Federal Taxes
- Selecting a Business Structure
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business Taxes
- When Do I Start My Tax Year?
- Checklist for Starting a Business
- Small Business Resources
- Publication 4591, Small Business Federal Tax Responsibilities (PDF)
- Tax Calendar for Small Businesses and Self-Employed
Business plan - Wikipedia: This is a summary article that covers many topics related to business plans - their content, how they are used, legal issues, and spoofs of business plans, among others. Please see individual sections for links to detailed discussions of various topics relating to business plans.
Business Plan Basic: A written guide to starting and running your business successfully is essential. This plan will encourage loans, promote growth, and provide a map for you to follow.
To learn more about how the Law Office of Inna Fershteyn can help you, call (718) 333-2395 to request a consultation. Our lawyers are knowledgeable in commercial law as well as employment laws and are prepared to represent you.